The school aims to help all pupils achieve their full potential in a happy, caring, stimulating, learning environment.
We aim to help pupils:
- with language enrichment and communication skills, both oral, written and technologically based.
- to develop a problem solving approach which can be applied to all aspects of the curriculum and real life situations
- to develop reading skills and an appreciation and love of the written word.
- to develop mathematical skills and language through practical work and investigation.
- to develop competent IT skills that are up to date and prepare children for the world of work.
- to understand scientific concepts and apply them in various situations.
- to develop a basic understanding of the Welsh language, to include oral, written and reading skills, to encourage bilingual competence.
- to promote the Cwricwlwm Cymreig throughout all aspects of the curriculum.
- to develop an appreciation of the creative arts.
- to develop an awareness of their past and present environment.
- to develop competence in all aspects of physical education and to promote attitudes, practices and understanding conducive to good health.
- to understand spiritual and moral values, to become thoughtful, kind and helpful and develop an understanding of cultural and religious diversity.
- to develop respect for each other and to be polite at all times, fostering a sense of citizenship.
- to understand the importance of eating healthily and taking exercise.